Introducing a new, fast and simple one-off process that speeds up voter registration. eRegister provides the means to conveniently and securely register and update voter information online.
By registering for this service, you will be able to opt in to use any future online services provided by HM Government of Gibraltar.
This video will guide you through the process that will enable you to include or amend your particulars in the Register of Electors.
You will need to go through the following steps:
1. Register - Create an account
2. Verify Your Identity - Using the GibVerify mobile APP or by visiting the Gibraltar Parliament
3. Submit Your Particulars - Register or update your details in the Register of Electors
If you encounter any problems be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions for help.
If you wish to make use of this online service, you will need to create an account. The registration portal can be accessed at:
You will also need to be in possession of a valid Gibraltar eID card, a mobile phone and a valid email address.
Please note that this service is only available to British nationals who meet the eligibility criteria for registration in the Register of Electors.
You will need to verify your identity in order to use your online account. You have two options to do this:
(a) Visit the Gibraltar Parliament at 156 Main Street and present your eID card
(b) Provide your identity through our mobile phone APP 'GibVerify'. You can find this at your phone's APP store or by clicking on the links below. You will need your eID card and the credentials for your newly created eGov account.
As part of the online registration process you will be required to provide proof of identity and pass a verification check. The APP will ask you to take a photo of the front of your valid eID Card followed by a photo of your face. Images will be uploaded securely. You will be informed via SMS whether or not your application has been approved.
Once your identity has been verified you will be able to access the Electoral Registration Portal at:
To access this portal you will need your username and password. On signing in you will be able to:
(b) Change name;
(c) Change address;
(d) Remove yourself from the Register; and
(e) Update such details as telephone number, email etc.
To be able to carry out any of the above actions you may be required to upload documents like, for example, passport or utility bills to support your application.
Your application will then be considered by the Electoral Registration Officer who will inform you via SMS whether your application has been approved, declined or you will need to supply further documentation.
- Click here to reset your password
- Click here to reset your username
- Login to the portal, click on 'Manage' followed by 'Change Mobile Phone Number'
- You will be able to electronically register or amend your entry in the Register of Electors. Please note that this service is only available to British nationals in possession of a valid Gibraltar eID card and meets the eligibility criteria for registration in the Register of Electors.
- You will need:
(a) a valid HM Government of Gibraltar e-ID card;
(b) an email address; and
(c) a mobile phone number
- You will first need to register on the portal before using the APP
- You will now need to verify your identity
- We will contact you via SMS once your identity is verified. If your account has been approved you will be able to conveniently and securely register and update your voter information online at citizen.egov.gi
- The APP is called GibVerify and can be downloaded from the iOS App Store and Android Play Store. Click here for more info.
- Yes, please ensure you have completed the online registration and then visit the Gibraltar Parliament at 156 Main Street. Don't forget to take your eID card with you.
- Unfortunately the online service can only be used by persons in possession of a valid eID Card
- Please feel free to contact us